Beloved,
Happy
Valentine’s Day. You are
still and always will be the only valentine I ever want or desire.
You
said such an important thing the other morning, as I was overwhelmed with
sadness at the thought of our parting.
“My
life needs to be different.”
You
are right, and I’m so thankful that you see that, that you are completely
uncomfortable and unwilling to just slide into the life it seems we were
heading for. One not unlike that
of your parents. A miserable life
of criticism, bitterness, and anger, of continually finding fault with each
other and with those we know.
I
desperately don’t want that any more than you do.
I
believe there is a way for you (and for me) to have a totally different life
than that gray future. And I believe that path can be a faithful one, a
covenant-keeping one. I see that
there is a battle going on here, one that I can not participate in.
I
have come to a place of simply wanting you to find your way to a much different
life than that. I don’t know what
it will take; how I pray that you will be able to do what is right, as hard as
it may seem.
But
what I do know is that the different life you are searching for must come
without my intervention. You must
find it for yourself, through Christ alone.
I
do not know what possible pain the future holds in this struggle you are
in. It could come at great cost to
all of us. But I will pray
fervently for you, and do my best not to intervene. I see how God is changing me also. I will love you quietly and faithfully.
With
all my love,
Dori
Tender words, my dear friend! Yes, love quietly and faithfully.
ReplyDelete