Friday, August 17, 2012

Stuff I Can't Do

"Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful."  Colossians 4:2.
After turning over a few times, and adding "have-to's" to the list in my head, I gave up and got up this morning while the clock still had a 4-something on it.
Time to write down that list, as well as a few other things..ok a lot of other things, and give them to God.  He woke me up early this morning, to change my thinking.  It's a tedious chore, takes time, but He's quite capable, and I'm quite grateful.
So many things I'm unequal to, and yet, the grace is there for me, poured out and pooling around my feet.  
So at this late hour of 9:30 am, I've already finished a pile of stuff I can't do.   Ate eggs, kale, and fruit for breakfast instead of muffins and peanut butter, ran 4 miles somewhat briskly in the beautiful dawn, did 22 minutes of Jackie Warner with 10-pounders (gasp) and I'm cleaned up and ready to write.  Prayed the Word back to Him, made lists, sent emails...none of it in my own strength.  God changed my mind, early this morning, when I,  weak and cranky,  poured the gift of coffee and opened the greater gift of His Word. I prayed for obedience, and already had it, in sweet conversation with Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment